Click images below to enlarge:
- Product No:
- 1st Edition
- Edition Date:
- April 2001
- 110 x 250 x 3 mm
- 68 g
- Folded Map
- 1:650 000
- Sales Rank:
- 1057 (See Top 100 in Maps)
Goog's Track has been likened to a miniture cross between the Canning Stock Route and the Simpson Desert, but it has the advantage of being close to a major town and suitable for a two or three day adventure.
Goog's belief that a road access from Ceduna to the railway junction at Tarcoola would be of considerable value to the district was so strong that he set out to build the road himself. Others became influenced by his enthusiasm and offered support along the way but Goog was the driving force and his family his main helpers.
Although Goog's vision was for a modern road and he may have been disappointed with the lack of support by government, Goog would be delighted with the use his road now gets as an adventure trail.
- Unique number coding system links points of interest on the face of each outback map to text on reverse side.
- Historical and Exploration related information provided with most maps. Explorers tracks are shown on most maps.
- Help boxes on the map contain information gained from the author's experiences in the area.
- Permit information and important phone numbers included where known.
- Important travel information relating to 4WD, Camping and Caravanning is included.
- Most tracks are checked with GPS and laptop computer.
- Westprint Maps are specially folded for ease of use in vehicles.
- Westprint Maps are progressively revised and include Grid Lines for GPS referencing and numbered GPS locations list.
Outback Australia is one of the world's unique regions and this map has been designed to enhance your enjoyment of it.
Current reviews for 'Goog's Track'
No reviews yet, but you should totally write one. It's easy, just put some words and stuff in those boxes over there and everyone will be super happy.