Click images below to enlarge:
- Product No:
- 1st Edition
- Edition Date:
- October 2003
- 120 x 250 x 3 mm
- 87 g
- Folded Map
- 1:1 000 000
- Sales Rank:
- 1227 (See Top 100 in Maps)
This new 2003 map (formerly Dalhousie / Simpson Desert) is packed with information on all the various crossings of the Simpson desert. Scale is 1:1 Million, ideal for showing all necessary detail. GPS Locations identify all major features and places of interest are numerically cross referenced to further information on the reverse of the map.
Coverage is from Birdsville and Mungerannie to Oodnadatta, Old Andado, Finke and Todd River Downs plus everything in between. there are insets of Poeppel Corner, Big red to Birdsville and Dalhousie Springs.
Facility symbols include Rest Areas, Parking Bays, Fuel, Caravan Parks and Camping. Every road and track has intermediate distances.
- Unique number coding system links points of interest on the face of each outback map to text on reverse side.
- Historical and Exploration related information provided with most maps. Explorers tracks are shown on most maps.
- Help boxes on the map contain information gained from the author's experiences in the area.
- Permit information and important phone numbers included where known.
- Important travel information relating to 4WD, Camping and Caravanning is included.
- Most tracks are checked with GPS and laptop computer.
- Westprint Maps are specially folded for ease of use in vehicles.
- Westprint Maps are progressively revised and include Grid Lines for GPS referencing and numbered GPS locations list.
Outback Australia is one of the world's unique regions and this map has been designed to enhance your enjoyment of it.
Current reviews for 'Simpson Desert'
No reviews yet, but you should totally write one. It's easy, just put some words and stuff in those boxes over there and everyone will be super happy.