Click images below to enlarge:
- Product No:
- 4th Edition
- Edition Date:
- August 2007
- 120 x 250 x 3 mm
- 87 g
- Folded Map
- 1:1 000 000
- Sales Rank:
- 1838 (See Top 100 in Maps)
The Tanami Track provides the quickest access from the Southern States, via Alice Springs, to the Kimberley. Its path is through some of the least populated country in Australia and its ever changing arid scenery provides an awesome introduction to the immensity of Australia's Deserts.
The early lure of gold and the need for stock routes have caused huge amounts of human effort to be used in crossing the Tanami. The condition of the present route, only determined in the 1960s, is being improved but the area is still remote and can be dangerous.
- Unique number coding system links points of interest on the face of each outback map to text on reverse side.
- Historical and Exploration related information provided with most maps. Explorers tracks are shown on most maps.
- Help boxes on the map contain information gained from the author's experiences in the area.
- Permit information and important phone numbers included where known.
- Important travel information relating to 4WD, Camping and Caravanning is included.
- Most tracks are checked with GPS and laptop computer.
- Westprint Maps are specially folded for ease of use in vehicles.
- Westprint Maps are progressively revised and include Grid Lines for GPS referencing and numbered GPS locations list.
Outback Australia is one of the world's unique regions and this map has been designed to enhance your enjoyment of it.
Current reviews for 'Tanami Road'
No reviews yet, but you should totally write one. It's easy, just put some words and stuff in those boxes over there and everyone will be super happy.