Click images below to enlarge:
- Product No:
- Alastair Garrod
- Adlard Coles Nautical
- Edition Date:
- February 2002
- 210 x 294 x 10 mm
- 599 g
- Sales Rank:
- 3568 (See Top 100 in Books)
This is an electrical book with a difference. Based on one of Practical Boot Owner magazine's most successful series, Alastair Garrod's cutting edge computer generated artwork and clear uncomplicated text succeeds in simplifying an extremely complicated subject in a new and exciting way.
The magazine series was nominated at the British Nautical Awards 2000 for the most outstanding piece of published work on any nautical subject.
Electrics Afloat is a ground-breaking book with several unique features:
- very clear, well illustrated explanations of boat electrical systems
- no offputting formulae or calculations
- a four-page fold out illustration of a yacht's complete electrical layout
- a resume of the world's leading marine electrical websites
- troubleshooting information
- the only colour illustrated boat electrics book on the market
Alastair Garrod has been based in the Solent area virtually all his life and his childhood was mostly spent cruising the West Country and Breton waters on the family boat. After leaving school, Alastair spent seven years in the Merchant Navy and then went back to college as a mature student to become a Technical Illustrator. In the early 1990s Alastair joined Practical Boat Owner where he has been for over 10 years.
Current reviews for 'Electrics Afloat'
No reviews yet, but you should totally write one. It's easy, just put some words and stuff in those boxes over there and everyone will be super happy.