Rick Steves' Ireland
Click images below to enlarge:
Rick Steves' Ireland
This product is no longer available :(
- Product No:
- Rick Steves & Pat O'Connor
- Avalon Travel Publishing
- Edition Date:
- January 2011
- 115 x 203 x 22 mm
- 378 g
- Sales Rank:
- 4958 (See Top 100 in Books)
Though a relatively small island, Ireland has had a large impact on the rest of the world - from the literate monks who pulled Europe out of the 'Dark Ages' to today's high tech 'Silicon Bog' economy. Historical currents still run deep, as travelers wander through ancient moss-covered forts crouching in lush valleys and catch their breath on castle turrets crowning windswept hilltops. Charming fishing villages dot the coast near wave-battered cliffs. And there really are forty shades of green.
In Rick Steves' Ireland, you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on trip planning, the best sights, hotels, restaurants, tourist offices, transportation, telephones, festivals and holidays, mail and e-mail, weather, easy-to-follow maps, and great self-guided neighborhood walks.
- Dublin and Surroundings: including Dun Laoghaire, Howth, Valley of the Boyne, Bru na Boinne, Trim, Glendalough, the Wicklow Mountains and the Irish National Stud
- South Ireland: including Kilkenny, Rock of Cashel, Waterford, County Wexford, Kinsale, Cobh, Kenmare, the Ring of Kerry and Skellig Michael
- Dingle and Surroundings: including a Dingle Peninsula Loop Trip, the Blasket Islands and Tralee
- More of the West: Galway, County Clare, the Burren, Aran Islands, Connemara and County Mayo
- Northern Ireland: Belfast, Bangor, Portrush, the Antrim Coast, Derry and County Donegal
- Ireland Past and Present: Irish History, Irish Art, Irish Literature, Irish Language, Irish-Yankee Vocabulary
- NEW! Full-color fold-out Planning Map: This handy 14½" x 19½" map includes all of Ireland plus handy close-ups of Dublin, Belfast, Derry, Galway, Dingle, and the "Ring of Kerry" peninsulas
Rick's candid, humorous advice will guide you to good-value hotels and restaurants. He'll help you plan where to go and what to see, depending on the length of your trip. You'll get up-to-date recommendations on what is worth your time and money. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves guidebook is a tour guide in your pocket.
Current reviews for 'Rick Steves' Ireland'
No reviews yet, but you should totally write one. It's easy, just put some words and stuff in those boxes over there and everyone will be super happy.