Rick Steves' Rome
Click images below to enlarge:
Rick Steves' Rome
This product is no longer available :(
- Product No:
- Rick Steves
- Avalon Travel Publishing
- Edition Date:
- September 2010
- 115 x 203 x 22 mm
- 347 g
- Sales Rank:
- 26083 (See Top 100 in Books)
Rome is magnificent and brutal at the same time. Utterly chaotic, it is also Italy's political capital, and presents a splendid array of Western civilization. As you peel through its fascinating and jumbled layers, you'll find Rome's buildings, cats, laundry, traffic, and 2.6 million people endlessly entertaining.
And then, of course, there are its magnificent sights. Tour St. Peter's, the greatest church on earth, and scale Michelangelo's 328-foot-tall dome, the world's largest. Learn something about eternity by touring the huge Vatican Museum. Take an early evening "Dolce Vita Stroll" down the Via del Corso with Rome's beautiful people, and enjoy an after-dark walk from Campo de' Fiori to the Spanish Steps, lacing together Rome's Baroque and bubbly nightspots.
- Ancient Rome: Colosseum tour, Roman Forum tour, Palatine Hill tour, Trajan's Column, Forum, and Market tour, Pantheon tour, Baths of Diocletian tour, Ancient Appian Way Tour
- Museums: National Museum of Rome tour, Capitoline Museums tour, Borghese Gallery tour, Vatican Museum tour
- Churches: St. Peter's Basilica tour, St. Peter-in-Chains tour, "Pilgrim's Rome" tour
- Self-guided walks: Night walk across Rome, Trastevere walk, Jewish ghetto walk
- Day trips: Ostia Antica, Tivoli, Naples and Pompeii
- More: Rome with Children, Shopping, Nightlife, and Roman History
In Rick Steves' Rome, you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on trip planning, the top sights, hotels, restaurants, tourist offices, transportation, telephones, mail and email, weather, festivals and holidays, plus tips on online museum reservations, survival phrases, easy-to-follow maps, and great self-guided neighborhood walks and museum tours.
Current reviews for 'Rick Steves' Rome'
No reviews yet, but you should totally write one. It's easy, just put some words and stuff in those boxes over there and everyone will be super happy.