Jacaranda Primary Atlas
Click images below to enlarge:
Jacaranda Primary Atlas
- Product No:
- 4th Edition
- Edition Date:
- July 2013
- 235 x 299 x 12 mm
- 752 g
- Sales Rank:
- 2466 (See Top 100 in Maps)
The Jacaranda Primary Atlas 4th edition has taken up the exciting opportunity to revise its contents to meet the requirements of the Australian Curriculum: Geography. Retaining its mapping excellence and graded skill development, the atlas presents a wealth of gazetteer and thematic maps, new case studies and fully updated statistics that address the curriculum content descriptions for Years 3-6.
- Includes important innovations such as satellite images, enhanced subcontinental maps, case studies and coverage of critical global themes and issues
- Map keys are clear and accessible for primary students and help develop map skills
- Cross-curriculum priorities are a focus in the case studies for Australia and the World sections
- Students are encouraged to be active and informed citizens through a Let’s help feature.
- Students are introduced to basic map interpretation and geospatial skills through stimulating resources and activities.
- Where relevant, statistics and other data have been updated
- Specific map reading skills are explained using real examples
- Skill development is reinforced with a range of activities.
Satellite images of continents give students a bird’s-eye view of the world, while new case studies explore natural and human features, geographical and cultural diversity and issues relating to the ways humans interact with their environments. Additional thematic pages provide an engaging reference on topics such as climate, endangered species, culture and World Heritage.
This section comprehensively informs students about their own country. Detailed maps of each state and territory are supported by Geofacts and case studies appropriate to primary school students and curriculum themes. Australia’s natural and human features, resources and their sustainable use, care for special places, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and our connections with other countries are featured throughout this section.
QR codes feature throughout the Atlas so students and teachers can quickly access relevant online content and weblinks. Simply scan the QR code with an iPad or tablet to access the web material. (QR reader required. QR readers are available free on the App Store and Google Play.)
Current reviews for 'Jacaranda Primary Atlas'
No reviews yet, but you should totally write one. It's easy, just put some words and stuff in those boxes over there and everyone will be super happy.