IMSBC Code 2016
Click images below to enlarge:
IMSBC Code 2016
- Product No:
- IMO Publishing
- Edition Date:
- July 2016
- 210 x 296 x 21 mm
- 1.6 kg
- Sales Rank:
- 936 (See Top 100 in Books)
The International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes Code and supplement is commended to Administrations, shipowners, shippers and masters and all others concerned with the standards to be applied in the safe stowage and shipment of solid bulk cargoes, excluding grain.
This publication presents additional information that supplements the IMSBC Code, such as the Code of Practice for the Safe Loading and Unloading of Bulk Carriers (BLU Code, including BLU Manual) and Recommendations on the safe use of pesticides in ships applicable to the fumigation of cargo holds.
The IMSBC Code, adopted on 4 December 2008 by resolution MSC.268(85), entered into force on 1 January 2011, from which date it was made mandatory under the provisions of the SOLAS Convention. The Code was amended by resolution MSC.318(89), incorporating amendment 01-11, by resolution MSC.354(92), incorporating amendment 02-13, and most recently by resolution MSC.393(95), incorporating amendment 03-15, which may be applied from 1 January 2016 on a voluntary basis, anticipating its envisaged official entry into force on 1 January 2017.
To keep pace with the expansion and progress of industry in recent years, the Code has undergone many changes, including:
- Fully updated individual schedules for solid bulk cargoes
- New individual schedules for such cargoes as aluminium fluoride, amorphous sodium silicate lumps, boric acid, chemical gypsum, copper slag, glass cullet, iron and steel slag and its mixture iron ore fines, iron oxide technical, iron sinter, manganese component ferroalloy slag, manganese ore fines, scale generated from the iron and steel making process, spodumene (upgraded), wood pellets containing and not containing additives and/or binders, zinc slag, and zircon kyanite concentrate
- References to the most recent SOLAS amendments
- Updated information from the 2016 edition of the IMDG Code
Current reviews for 'IMSBC Code 2016 '
No reviews yet, but you should totally write one. It's easy, just put some words and stuff in those boxes over there and everyone will be super happy.