Karijini National Park is one of the largest jewels in Western Australia's crown land. Its iron-rich red gorges, waterfalls, crystal clear water and bushland date back millions of years.
Karijini is the second largest national park in the state, set within the Hamersley Range, 1,400 km north of Perth. The rugged landscape varies from the massive Mount Bruce to vast plateaus. But it’s the incredible deep gorges that sees 10,000 people a year travel there to experience.
There’s no shortage of good fishing spots in Brisbane and the mild Brisbane weather makes fishing a good option all year round. Try as many locations as it takes to find your hot fishing spot in Brisbane then keep it a secret!
You could even start with a few of these fishing hotspots this weekend!
Googs Track is on the bucket list of many Australian 4WDers. For those wanting to cross the Simpson Desert or complete the Canning Stock Route, Googs Track is an excellent introduction to desert and sand driving. The track has an interesting history and makes for some great sightseeing.
Planning to go bushwalking? Being prepared and ticking off a hiking checklist is essential before you leave. Whether you are going for a day walk or an overnight bushwalk, the gear you take (or don’t take) matters - your equipment can be the difference between a pleasurable and painful experience. Check out these hiking gear lists recommended by Steve Sertis, Bibbulmun Track Foundation’s Event Manager. Steve would know, he has done the 1,000-kilometre track walk end-to-end seven times! Steve shared his years of experience with novice and experienced walkers at a community event in Perth recently and gave us all the following advice: Continue reading
- Dawn or dusk, beach fishing has a certain allure. Listening to the waves while you wait for a bite could see you in hooked in no time. With 36,000 kilometres of Australian coastline, there’s no shortage of beaches to try your luck. Just make sure you have done your homework, so you know what fish you are going after...
- If you are serious about camping, then time will come that you need an Anderson plug. An Anderson plug is used for a variety of purposes, but in the case of a caravan the Anderson plug will allow you to keep your fridge running whilst travelling to your destination. When the caravan is stationary, the fridge can run off mains...
- Western Australia is known for its iconic falls in the Kimberley and Pilbara (think Mitchell and Fortescue Falls) but around Perth? Many people don’t know that there are some beautiful waterfalls in Perth (or within an hour’s drive). Perth’s waterfalls make great locations to go for a walk, hike or an interesting picnic location. They can keep the kids entertained...
- The best gifts for travellers are often not the most expensive but the most thoughtful. If you want to say a heartfelt Bon Voyage buy your travelling friend a handy gift, they will use during the trip. That way, they won’t forget you while they’re tripping around the world. There are bonus points awarded to the gift-giver that comes up...
- Google Photos and Facebook can be so cruel when they send you an anniversary photo of you in thongs enjoying the sun on a winter sojourn. I mean Google (and Zuckerberg) are pretty smart - they should know I haven’t headed north in search of warmer days this winter. Instead, I’m hibernating at home in front of the heater…in ugg...